RTSO’s focus for policy and advocacy is to shape a policy environment that supports wider adoption and scaling of RSTO so that children and families, especially those experiencing adversity, can and do access the right combination of high-quality, evidence-based services where and when they need them.
Our work includes:
- sharing project learnings and insights — including plans for co-designing and applying local solutions and expanding RSTO — with policymakers
- helping policymakers understand the value of 'stacking' early years services
- exploring opportunities for change within government across federal, state and local levels
- identifying policy issues and solutions for governments that can be addressed with the support of the RSTO Indicator Guide such as early years policy settings, program design and procurement
- forming partnerships to enable the application of RSTO indicators within communities and services.
Part of our advocacy work involves sharing evidence and insights from RSTO in public submissions. View our recent submissions:
- Submission to the Review to Inform a Better and Fairer Education System: August 2023
- Submission to the Productivity Commission: Inquiry into Early Childhood Education and Care: June 2023
- Submission to the Australian Government’s Early Years Strategy: April 2023
- Submission to the South Australian Royal Commission into Early Childhood Education and Care: Dec 2022
- Productivity Commission’s Review of the National School Reform Agreement: June 2022
For more information contact Rosie Hodson, Associate Director, Policy and Advocacy, Social Ventures Australia: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restacking the Odds is a collaboration between the Centre for Community Child Health at the Murdoch Children's Research Institute, Bain & Company and Social Ventures Australia.
RSTO would like to acknowledge the support of project partners the Paul Ramsay Foundation and Seer Data.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which we work and pay our respect to Elders past, present and emerging.